Lay Positions Open
Non-clergy positions (other than occasional positions on the diocesan staff) are not listed on this site, but in Online News, a listings email published every few weeks.
Job Title: Director of Programs
Location: New York City
For a printable pdf version of this job
description, please click here.
Episcopal Charities’ mission is transforming the lives of those in need. We provide critical funding and training to parish-affiliated outreach programs, equipping them for work that transforms lives and strengthens communities.
Essential Job Functions: The Director of Programs is responsible for oversight of all grant making and program assistance activities, including:
- Grant Management: preparation of the grant application forms, grant proposal review, oversight and direction of the grant decision-making process, and management of processes for evaluation and accountability of funded programs
- Program Development: planning, oversight, and delivery of Sustainability Institute workshops. Collection and management of data related to funded programs. Management of an intern and volunteers assisting with program service
- Program Relationships: responsible for in-depth knowledge of all funded programs, and developing effective working relationships with programs leads and related clergy
- Board Responsibility: responsible for staffing committees and developing strong board relationships. Reports regularly to the board on program-related matters
- Parish Relations: responsible for developing and enhancing relationships with selected parishes to communicate the work of Episcopal Charities programs’ and to encourage parish/parishioner support for Episcopal Charities
- Community Liaison: interaction with related diocesan and community agencies to promote Episcopal Charities and initiate collaboration.
- Communications: Oversight of social media, web site, and electronic newsletter. Contribute program-related information in print materials and the development of news articles
- A minimum of five years program experience in a social service agency, outreach program, or urban ministry
- Graduate degree preferred (Master of Social Work or Master of Divinity)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time on multiple projects and work well under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Team player, with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; comfortable with Wordpress or equivalent
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings and events
- Valid driver’s license to perform program site visits throughout the Diocese
This position reports to the Executive Director of Episcopal Charities. The salary is competitive.
For further information or to apply, please contact Mary Beth Sasso at email@example.com or 212.316.7403.
For a link to the latest Online News, click here.