The 2016 Diocesan Convention
Bishops’ Addresses and Eucharist Homily
The Canonical Changes proposed as part of the Diocesan Strategic Plan were passed unanimously, with the exception of an amendment that would have changed the majority needed to amend a canon from two-thirds to a simple majority.
The Budget was passed without changes.
Minimum Clergy Compensation was raised by 4% effective January 1, 2017. The new minimums are:
- Ordained fewer than 3 years: $43,000
- Ordained 3 to 10 years: $47,900
- Ordained 10 to 15 years: $48,400
- Ordained over 15 years: $54,800
Bishop’s Crosses were awarded to Nell Braxton Gibson and the Rev. Canon Susan C. Harriss.
For the citations, click here.
Resolutions Passed (pdf)
Address/Report Texts, Election Results and Other Documents
Spanish translations of the Bishops’ addresses and Sermon and the revised Canons are being prepared.
- Bishop Dietsche’s Address
- Bishop Shin’s Address
- Informe del Obispo Shin
- Bishop Glasspool’s Address
- Informe de la Obispa Glasspool
- Bishop Glasspool’s Sermon
- Homilía de la Obispa Glasspool
- Results of Elections
- Resolutions Passed
- Canonical Changes (as proposed – new version of the Canons will be available shortly)
- Strategic Plan Document
- Open Doors, New Futures
- Puertas Abiertas, Nuevas Futuros
- 2017 Budget
- 2017 Budget Narrative
- Trustees’ Report on Ethical Investment Guidelines
- India Network Dalit Pamphlet