Select Page

Section 107 [Parsonage] Allowance

Federal law provides that a cleric can exclude from income tax (not from self-employment tax, that is, Social Security and Medicare taxes) eligible housing expenses.  This is known as a “parsonage” or “housing” allowance.  Click on the respective links to view: a [wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=134 linktext=’model resolution’ /] for use by the vestry and a [wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=163 linktext=worksheet /] to assist you in calculating the amount of the allowance.

Administrative and Financial Contacts