Global Mission Commission
The mission of the Global Mission Commission of the Episcopal Diocese of New York is to educate, empower and inspire individuals and parishes within the Diocese as we respond to God’s call for engagement in mission through relationships and spiritual transformation throughout the Anglican Communion.
The Global Mission Commission will:
- Collect and share information concerning global mission activities and opportunities underway within the Diocese of New York.
- Provide training, advice and informational resources to those involved in mission work, including assistance with planning a mission trip or pilgrimage.
- Promote best practices for global engagement.
- Facilitate coordination and communication among diocesan members who share mission interests in particular parts of the world (‘global network interest groups’).
- Support the Young Adult Service Corps (YASC) program by encouraging support for and participation of candidates within the diocese.