Safeguarding Online Parish Administrator Registration
Safeguarding OnlineTM is a web-based Safe Church training program provided by the Church Pension Group (CPG), and already used with great success in many dioceses across The Episcopal Church.
- Is free.
- Will empower your parish to adopt and ensure compliance with the diocese’s recently updated training expectations (click here to see those diocesan expectations).
- Is provided in addition to the face-to-face trainings, Safeguarding God’s Children and Safeguarding God’s People. The diocese will continue to offer these twice a year.
- Is managed for the diocese by Mr. Andrew Gary, Safeguarding Online Manager.
- Is managed at the parish level by your own Safeguarding Online Administrator.
The Safeguarding Online Administrator
- oversees Safeguarding Online implementation and use at your parish.
- assists the parish’s employees and volunteers with successfully completing Safeguarding Online.
- ensures compliance with the parish’s training and reporting expectations by working with the parish leadership.
- is supported by the diocesan Safeguarding Online Manager.
It is important that the Safeguarding Online Administrator have some long-term accountability to the operations of your congregation, and be able to effectively administer a web-based program. For this reason the ideal candidate is
- Someone from your administrative staff, or a priest from your clergy staff. If your organization is a small one with only one clergy employee, that clergy person would be the best candidate. If your congregation has no paid employees, a warden or vestry member is also acceptable.
- Someone comfortable using a computer, and familiar with the Internet.